Murukulu/Chakli is a snack which is famous in southern part of india..whenever i prepare this at home ...they dissapear in 2 days i and my hubby enjoying munching on these in the evening.and here goes the recipe
Rice flour/biyam pindi - 2 cups
Besan/Gram flour/ - 1 cup
Ajwain/Carom seeds/vamu - 1 tbsp
Sesame seeds/nuvvulu - 1 tbsp
Red chili powder - 2 tsp
Melted butter - 1/4 cup
Lukewarm water - abt 2 cups approx
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
Makes approx 40-50 chakli's
1. Sieve rice flour, besan flour together in a mixing bowl. Add carom seeds, sesame
seeds, red chilli pwd, salt and mix together. Pour the melted butter and mix.
2. Add luke warm water little at a time and make dough. Dough should not be too stiff nor too loose.
3. Cover the mixing bowl with a wet tissue paper and leave it aside for atleast 15mins.
4. In a chakli maker, fill the dough and make shapes onto a plate, prepare a bunch of them ahead.
5. Heat oil in a kadai(do not use non stick kadai)and slide the chakli's slowly into the oil and fry them until golden brown in medium to high heat..turn them to the other side in between so that it fries equally.
6. Drain them onto a paper napkin,after it gets cooled store them in an airtight container.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008